Audiology involves testing a child’s hearing, monitoring any middle ear problems, and prescribing hearing aids and other listening devices. Using the advanced equipment at Grandview Children's Centre, our staff are able to assess the hearing of even the youngest infants.
Audiology assessments are geared to your child’s age and developmental abilities. This may include :
- hearing testing to determine if your child’s hearing is within normal limits, or if a hearing loss is present
- impedance, or middle ear testing, to assess if ear infections, fluid or excessive wax is interfering with your child’s hearing
- if a permanent hearing loss is present: a hearing aid evaluation and prescription will be completed
- ongoing monitoring of your child’s hearing
Who is eligible?
- children from birth to age 18 are eligible for audiology services at Grandview
- your child does not need to be a client of Grandview or receiving services from Grandview, in order to access our audiology services
- a medical referral is not required
How can I make an appointment?
- newborn hearing screening (age 0 to 4 months): 905-728-1673 x 2341 or toll free 1-800-304-6180 x 2341
- audiology assessment (age 5 months and up): 905-728-1673 x 2292 or toll free 1-800-304-6180 x 2292